The upcoming iOS 11 promises to be the best and the most advanced operating systems ever designed, or at least as far as Apple is concerned. It has a lot of nips and tucks which make it a joy to use, as we have been doing over the last few weeks after the developers’ and public betas released. One of our most loved features is the iOS 11 dark mode, often also referred to as the iOS 11 night mode. We will guide you through why you need it and how you go about using it.
iOS 11 Dark Mode: Why Use It?
First of all, we must know what exactly a dark/night mode is. It is basically a state where the white areas of the display are turned to black or darkened. Also, some colors which are extremely bright are muted. This gives the impression of the dark mode and is useful in various situations. For example, if you are in a darkened movie theatre, and you must attend to a very important call, you will have to attend to your phone. This, however, will affect your fellow moviegoers, who might even get offended. To keep such incidents at bay, you must use the new iOS 11 dark mode. Also, such a mode is useful for saving some part of your battery life and will also give your eyes some rest.
iOS 11 Dark Mode: How To Activate it
These are the steps which you can use to activate the dark mode on iOS 11.
- First, go to Settings on your device which is iOS 11 enabled. Then, you must navigate to General. Tap on it.
- Find an option which says Accessibility. Tap on it.
- Next, tap on Display Accommodations.
- You are nearly there. Now, tap on Invert Colors.
- Under the Invert Colors option, you will find two further options. One says Classic Invert while another says Smart Invert. The Classic Invert version was already present on the iOS platform and is not a true dark mode. Under this option, the colors are changed back to their complementary colors like when blue is turned to magenta and so on. On the other hand, the Smart Invert option, as the name suggests, is the more recent one. It is also better at what it does. You must now choose the Smart Invert option.
- There will be a switch next to Smart Invert. Toggle it and your iOS 11 dark mode is ready to use.
In the end, we simply ask that in case you have any questions or queries pertaining to the iOS 11 dark mode, just keep watching this space for more updates about the same.